Friday 12 July 2013


Everything started...

This is my first post to this "brand new" blog devoted to Antennas and Radiowave propagation...  those are weird topics, uh ?  Ok, I feel that some history is needed to put things into perspective.

Everything started (as it often happens) when I was a teenager (late 70s); at that time I was absolutely fascinated by the magic of long-range radio communications; there were no satellite TV and no Internet, and the only way to get out of your small world was to use a shortwave radio. I was so fascinated that I eventually got a radioamateur license (with the callsign IK7GDP first, that became IZ2EAS later), license that I still hold.



My interest in radio communications led me to pursue a professional career in the field; I enrolled at Politecnico di Milano as a freshman in 1983 and (like in Eagles' "Hotel California") I never managed to get out of that place. In fact, I have been working there since I graduated, teaching and doing research on.. (you guess...) antennas, radiowave propagation and electromagnetic fields.
 
It has been a long road, from there to here... stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment